All Things Christian Book Reviews - Prayer From The Inside Up

Inspiring and Relatable.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
I found that reading this devotional was a genuinely encouraging experience for me. Rather than overlooking the struggles we often carry quietly, it encourages you to bring them before God through Scripture and in prayer. Throughout the sixty days, it explores topics such as identity, worth, anxiety, depression, loneliness, and many of the everyday battles that can weigh heavily on the heart. I especially appreciated how each devotion begins with Scripture, followed by a brief explanation and a thoughtful prayer, continually pointing me back to both who God is and who I am in Christ.

One thing that surprised me about this devotional was how well it put words to struggles. Each page includes a brief explanation of the topic being addressed, which I found extremely helpful. It helped me come to terms with what I was feeling and put words to emotions I didn't fully understand. Sometimes our emotions, pain, and circumstances are difficult to process, and I appreciated how each devotion gently explained each struggle in a way that was both eye-opening and encouraging. It helped me better understand many things that I was personally encountering.

The prayers were one of my favorite parts of this devotional. Each prayer isn't just an ask for help; it's a moment that encouraged me to reflect more deeply on the character of God and engage with Him in honesty. I love how every prayer begins by recognizing what Scripture says, helping confront the struggles I was feeling, while also becoming a moment of worship and praise between me and God. It even encouraged me to praise and worship more in my own prayer life. I can't fully explain it, but the prayers in this devotional often felt as though they snapped me out of negative thinking and replaced that mindset with hope, and peace. Taking each struggle "up" to God through prayer felt incredibly freeing.

Another thing I especially loved was how the devotional explores unexpected topics such as resolution, health, rest, home, work, school, and travel. These topics and prayers not only address the struggles each situation can bring, but also encouraged me to pray for others who may be facing similar challenges or entirely different circumstances related to that topic. This not only spoke to my own heart but helped me turn my negative thinking into positive thinking for others.

Overall, this is far more than an ordinary devotional. It approaches real struggles with compassion, sincerity, and a foundation firmly rooted in Scripture and faith in Christ. I genuinely appreciated this devotional because it continually pointed me toward hope, renewed my thinking, and deepened my relationship with God. Each day encouraged me to face what was in front of me with greater faith and confidence, leaving me with a sense of peace I didn't have before. I know I'll be coming back to this devotional whenever I need a reminder of God's truth and encouragement! Truly a very encouraging, life-changing and refreshing read. Order your copy of Prayer From The Inside Up or Kindle.