All Things Christian Books - Fueling The Soul Engine

Excellent Book, A Work Of Art
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Fueling the Soul Engine was such a wonderful book to read. The book begins by exploring some of the deeper questions we encounter throughout our faith journey. Questions about who we are, our experiences, and the relationship between the soul, spirit, and God. I found his perspective highly relatable, especially because he approaches these ideas through his own life experiences rather than making the discussion feel overly academic. His personal stories gave me plenty to reflect on as I read. 

One of my favorite aspects of the book is the author's creative use of his life experience and knowledge to explain spiritual ideas. His comparison of the soul to an engine is particularly interesting, especially given his background as a mechanic. He also draws from history, American culture, war, machines, fighter aircrafts, and other experiences to build upon his understanding of the soul and spirit. I enjoyed seeing how these seemingly different subjects came together to support his larger reflections on faith and human nature.

I particularly appreciated the author’s ability to put words and perspective to experiences and emotions that can sometimes be difficult to explain. One concept that stood out to me was what he calls “shadow attractions,” referring to meaningful romantic interests that affected someone’s life even though the relationship never became an actual romance. I found this especially fascinating because it illustrates one of the book’s central ideas so well: our experiences do not simply disappear once they are over. They leave impressions on us. Throughout the book, the author reflects on the people, places, experiences, struggles, and choices that have shaped his own soul, connecting those reflections back to Scripture and his understanding of God. I loved this personal element because it made the discussion feel less like a distant study of the soul and more like an honest examination of a life lived with God. 

There is also a wonderful amount of wisdom throughout the book. Rather than simply trying to define the soul, the author uses stories, history, Scripture, and personal reflection to explore what it means to be shaped by the life we have lived. I found myself thinking about my own experiences and how they have influenced who I am today. His reflections encouraged me to consider the connection between my own life, my faith, and the ways God gives meaning to the things we experience.

I would describe this book as a work of art. Not only because it includes actual works of art, but because of the way the author brings together so many different pieces of his life and faith. Reading it sometimes felt like observing a painting and discovering something new the longer I looked at it. The concluding thought that “the spiritual gives meaning to the physical” especially resonated with me and brought the book's ideas together beautifully. This is a personal, unconventional, and reflective exploration of the soul and spirit, and it gave me quite a bit to think about after finishing it. Needless to say, I loved reading this book. Order your copy of Fueling The Soul Engine on Amazon Or Kindle.