Spiritually Enriching and Engaging
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
He in Us and We in Him: A New Creation is a book that unexpectedly captured my interest and continued to draw me in the deeper I read. Through the recorded teachings of Father Michael Koblosh, the book communicates a genuine humility and a deep love and passion for Christ and His ministry. Rather than simply presenting theological ideas, these teachings encouraged me to slow down, reflect, and consider the significance of Christ and Scripture in a more personal way.
One of the sections that particularly stood out to me was “Understanding of Salvation.” I appreciated the emphasis on recognizing Jesus not only as the Son of God, but also as a real human being who lived and walked among us. The book consistently brings attention to foundational truths of the Christian faith while also exploring aspects of Scripture and Christian teaching that can sometimes be overlooked within Western Christian culture. I found this perspective both thought-provoking and refreshing.
Each teaching offers something different, with individual topics thoughtfully connected to the passages of Scripture being explored. The book provides insight into Orthodox teachings and culture while encouraging readers to engage more deeply with the Bible itself. As I progressed through the book, I found the teachings becoming increasingly meaningful and moving, with many passages giving me reason to pause and reflect on Christ, salvation, and what it means to live faithfully.
Another aspect I particularly appreciated is how each teaching continually redirects the reader's attention away from the church as an institution and back toward Christ Himself. The frequent emphasis on the Holy Spirit is especially meaningful, reminding us that our relationship with Christ is something we need to live out daily with the guidance and presence of the Holy Spirit.
Overall, this book is a thoughtful and spiritually enriching collection of teachings that I found both insightful and encouraging. It works wonderfully as a devotional, with each section exploring Scripture alongside a particular theme, making it easy to read a portion at a time and reflect upon. Whether approached as a study of Scripture, an exploration of Orthodox Christian perspectives, or simply as a devotional resource, this book offers plenty to contemplate while continually pointing you back to Christ.
Order your copy of He In Us and We In Him: A New Creation on Amazon or Kindle. Learn more about Lydia Westerberg and the book He In Us We In Him at Creation Sanctified.
