One of my personal favorite aspects of the book is the depth with which Scripture is examined. Rather than simply quoting a passage and moving on, the author explains its meaning, connects it with other passages, and even explores the significance of the original Hebrew wording in certain places. This made the book feel like more than just a discussion of spiritual warfare; at times, I genuinely felt as though I were studying the Bible alongside the author. The deeper I read, the more confident I felt in my understanding of Scripture, God’s design for creation, and how these different biblical concepts connect.
There is also something about this book that created a sense of steadfastness in me while reading it. Learning about spiritual warfare did not leave me focused on fear or fascinated with darkness. Instead, it continually strengthened my desire to know God and His Word more deeply. I especially loved that the book takes time to discuss who Christ is and who we are in relation to Him. By covering foundational Christian truths such as Christ, the cross, God’s Kingdom, and our spiritual identity alongside spiritual warfare, the book feels balanced and grounded. I also found the sections exploring dimensions and the relationship between science and biblical concepts extremely fascinating.
Another part I appreciated was the way the book challenges misconceptions surrounding the adversary and the spiritual world. There were several moments where I found myself nodding and thinking, “Finally, someone said it.” At the same time, it helped clarify subjects I had previously struggled to fully understand. The author explains the tactics of the enemy while also emphasizing the spiritual weapons and biblical truths believers have against deception and manipulation. Using stories and examples from Scripture makes these ideas much easier to understand and apply.
Altogether, this book genuinely helped shape and strengthen my perspective on spiritual warfare, demons, angels, the spiritual world, God’s Kingdom, science, faith, and Scripture. Topics that can easily become confusing or overwhelming were presented in a way that felt connected, understandable, and rooted in the Bible. More importantly, I walked away from this book not simply knowing more about spiritual warfare, but feeling more equipped, more confident in Scripture, and more eager to know God. It strengthened my faith and gave me a greater appreciation for the depth of His Word and the design of His creation. This is a book that didn’t just give me information, it helped me see several areas of my faith with greater clarity. Order your copy of Gear Up: Putting On The Whole Armor Of God at Amazon or Kindle.
