All Things Christian Book Reviews - Scrubby's PBnJ

Sincere, Wholesome, Fun
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 

Everything about this book is wonderfully wholesome, creative, and genuinely enjoyable. The incredible attention to detail the author put into bringing Scrubby’s restaurant to life was my favorite thing. From the original concept and menu to the atmosphere and character interactions made it feel like a place that could actually exist. Honestly, after reading each page I found myself wishing the restaurant and world was real. The descriptions of freshly made jam, fluffy bread, chips, and milk somehow made something as simple as a peanut butter and jelly sandwich sound incredibly comforting and definitely made me hungry. I loved how the author took such a charming idea and built an entire world around it. 

I also appreciated how naturally the Christian themes were written throughout the story. Faith never felt forced into the narrative; instead, it was expressed through the characters, their conversations, relationships, and the way they approached life. There was something humble and refreshing about the way Christianity was portrayed. It made the characters feel even more genuine, as though their faith was simply a natural part of who they were rather than something the story had to constantly announce. 

The characters themselves were another highlight for me. They felt relatable, distinct, and easy to become invested in. I especially loved the friendship between Brynn and Sabrina. There is a closeness and sincerity between them that can be difficult to capture in fiction, and their interactions made their friendship feel incredibly genuine. The little jokes and casual moments between the characters were some of my favorite parts because they gave the story so much personality and made me feel like I was spending time with real people.

I also really enjoyed watching the relationship between Brynn and Dewey develop. Brynn’s initial hesitation toward romance made their dynamic even sweeter, especially when she tried to brush off the possibility that their time together could actually be considered a date. Their romance develops in a way that feels natural, allowing their chemistry and connection to grow alongside the rest of the story. I found myself genuinely rooting for them along the storyline.

Overall, this was such an enjoyable and heartwarming read. I loved how the story begins with a slower, casual feeling before gradually developing into a contemporary romance with deeper moments of drama, faith, friendship, and personal growth. At times, reading it felt almost like watching a comforting, wholesome television series where you simply enjoy being in the characters’ world. Between the memorable setting of Scrubby’s, the Christian themes, the humor, friendships, and sweet romance, there was so much to appreciate. It is the kind of story that reminds you that a book does not have to be overly dramatic to leave an impression. Sometimes warmth, sincerity, and characters you genuinely enjoy spending time with are more than enough.

Order your copy of Scrubby's PBnJ on Amazon or Kindle.